Mo asks L. David Marquet: How do we get our team to focus on the right client development activities?
- We act our way to new thinking. When you want to change something, you need to act the way that those people would act and the thought process will follow.
- Our brains change as a result of our habits. In terms of language, simply switching out the term “they” for “we” can create a very unique team environment.
- Instead of looking for what you’re doing wrong, you need to look at the things that you’re doing right and celebrate those activities. Invite your team to tell their story.
- We tend to focus on the outcomes for the things we do. Habits don’t change from the desire for an outcome. You have to put yourself into an environment where it’s easy to have the habits that generate the results you want.
- Learn what it takes to change a small habit first, because if you haven’t gone through that process yet you have no right to ask other people, including your clients, to change their habits.
- Celebrate all the actions, yours and your team’s, before you start suggesting incremental improvements.
Mentioned in this Episode:
Enroll in The Nudge at https://intentbasedleadership.com/enroll-for-the-nudge/
View David’s YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/c/LeadershipNudges