Mo asks Tyler Sweatt: If you could record a video around business development and send it to your younger self, what would it say?
- Don’t fall in love with titles.
- Identify character traits that you don’t want to emulate.
- Don’t lose sight of the value of saying no. No is the most strategic word in your arsenal.
- Don’t feel obligated to stick around in an organization. You are your own client.
- Tyler is a fan of being brutally transparent. The easiest way to make sure your message is heard the way you want it to be heard is to make it as simple and plain as possible. You are doing the other person a favor by being honest.
- No is a decision, yes is a commitment. Saying yes to something you don’t want to do only creates negative energy and sabotages the relationship over time.
- Figure out what you’re doing that you don’t want to do right now, and start cutting them out so you can focus on the activities that have the highest value to you.
Mentioned in this Episode: