Mo asks Andrew Robertson: If you could wave a magic wand and record a video around business development and send it back to your younger self, what would it say?
- There is very little in business that is as satisfying as business and relationship development. Landing a client and then getting them big wins is fulfilling and it’s a wonderful thing to be good at.
- Define victory as a series of steps, instead of an end result. This makes the journey rewarding and not just about the destination.
- If you can take the first step, which is the hardest, everything else gets easier.
- Start with the end goal in mind, and then break it down into the fundamental steps you need to make each day to achieve that goal, then celebrate when you take those steps. It doesn’t guarantee success, but it makes it much more likely.
- You can’t control whether a client will say yes, but you can control whether or not you ask them in the first place.
Mentioned in this Episode: